Saturday, September 29, 2012

Language can be far away

"At night, I open the window
and ask the moon to come
and press its face into mine.
Breathe into me.

Close the language-door,
and open the love-window."
-Rumi


I notice sometimes intense play with jets or trains, can bring a child further from their language centers.  Asking them to answer a question might be hard for them.  Similar to if you ask me a question right when I wake up.  I'm far from language.  I have heard myself think, "Turn off...camera...noise."  But it was the alarm clock making the ruckus.  I've also done art and dancing for 3 hours silently, and found it hard to form a sentence at the end of it.  I think these kids are so embodied, that it may be language is far away for them most of the time.  The good news is love is conveyed without words.

No comments:

Post a Comment